Monday, April 20, 2009

new world order

for the past 2 months, I've been playing around with linkedin and twitter and researching data and knowledge managagement needs for my organisation. Every day something new impacts on me. I thought I'd sorted the knowledge management problem until I came across this site.  http://www.sharepointalternative.com/comparison
So what do we do? How is a simple training manager like me supposed to know what's the best solution. Every cat and dog is out there touting their software and I've been tasked with finding a data and knowledge management solution for my organisation. Then there's the e-platform. e-learning, LMS, TMS, social networking and education management groups on linkedin.  Someone asked me if I had a list of functional specs the other day, and you know what, I think I'm actually starting to develop one.